Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lifelong Learning

I really enjoyed discussing lifelong learning in class this week. Not only is lifelong learning important for people in general, I think it is especially important for us as Latter-Day Saints. We have an expanded perspective of this life and the knowledge that life continues after death, so we should be even more encouraged to learn all that we can.

My favorite part of the readings we did was a quote by President Monson: “Your talents will expand as you study and learn. You will be able to better assist your families in their learning, and you will have peace of mind in knowing that you have prepared yourself for the eventualities that you may encounter in life” I think it is so important to realize that what we learn, both spiritually and secularly, carries over into all aspects of our lives. What we learn not only influences our carreers, but also our relationships with others and our influence as parents and teachers in the Gospel.

I thought it was interesting to see how RSS feeds can contribute to staying up to date and educated. By using something like googlereader, it is easy to keep up on websites and be learning every day in an organized way.

5 comments:

Tennille said...

Definitely! I love that there is comfort in knowledge and learning.

Caitlin Lamb said...

I love that quote by President Monson!

Kaylynn and Trenden said...

I love the idea that learning will help us in more that just careers, but with our families and other aspects of our lives.

Habitat said...

I'm all about efficiency, and that's definately a perk of learning-being able help our families better.

Ben McMurry said...

Isn't learning great!

Post a Comment